Heidee is an associate in the Litigation Group where she focuses on commercial and employment litigation. Heidee's practice focuses on disputes and litigation involving issues of corporate governance and the representation of businesses in shareholder disputes and shareholder derivative litigation, commercial relationships and transactions, including contractual disputes, liability of directors and officers, fiduciary duties, business torts, and insurance coverage.
Heidee is active in the community and is currently the Chair of the Multomah Bar Association's Continuing Education Committee.
Prior to joining Ater Wynne, Heidee served as a clerk to Justice Warren Matthews of the Alaska Supreme Court where she researched and wrote legal memoranda to prepare justices for oral arguments and drafting opinions. While she was at Yale Law School, Heidee was the student director of an appellate litigation clinic. At the litigation clinic, she worked on amicus and party briefs submitted to the federal circuit courts of appeal and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Heidee has been recognized as an Oregon Rising Star by Oregon Super Lawyers Magazine in 2009, 2011 and 2012.
- Ater Wynne LLP, Portland, Associate, 2007 to present
- Alaska Supreme Court, Anchorage, Clerk to the Honorable Warren Matthews, 2006 to 2007
- Yale Law School, J.D.,2006; Chubb Competition, First Prize for Excellence in Legal Draftsmanship; Yale Journal of Human Rights Law, Notes from the Field Editor, 2003 to 2004
- Columbia University, B.A., Economics, 2002, summa cum laude; Departmental Honors
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Multnomah Bar Association, member
- Multnomah Bar Association, CLE Committee, Chair
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, member
- Owen M. Panner Inns of Court, member
- Campaign for Equal Justice, Associate Committee, member
- FDIC as Receiver for Failed Banks, currently represents the FDIC in its role as receiver for two failed banks in its investigation of the potential liability of former directors and officers of the banks.
- Developer v. Title Company, defended a title company in a multi-million dollar lawsuit alleging a breach of escrow instructions. The case settled favorably prior to trial.
- Former Shareholder v. Development Company and Current Shareholder, defended a shareholder and development company in a multi-million dollar breach of contract claim in which the plaintiff requested a judgment for breach of contract and an order allowing him to take over management of the company. We defeated the former shareholder’s claims and prevailed on our client’s multi-million dollar counterclaim.
- Software Company v. Health Insurance Company, defended a large health insurance company in a multi-million dollar breach of contract lawsuit brought by a software company. Our client achieved a very favorable settlement shortly before the arbitration.
- Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority v. Golden Valley Electric Association, represented Interior Alaska power cooperative in litigation brought by Alaska economic development agency arising out of 10-year dispute over the agency’s experimental clean coal power plant, which was resolved by the agency financing our client’s acquisition of the clean coal power plant.