June Wiyrick Flores is an experienced attorney who works with families and closely held businesses to develop and implement succession strategies. Her clients range from individuals to closely-held corporations to family offices and large family-owned businesses. June provides sophisticated and highly personalized estate plans to meet her clients’ objectives. She is also experienced in estate and trust administration and assists both fiduciaries and beneficiaries.
June helps her business clients with business formations, developing governance structures, reorganizations and dissolutions, and mergers and acquisitions to achieve beneficial tax results. She also acts as general counsel on a multitude of business transactions. June provides professional and independent guidance to the stakeholders, family members and other advisors.
In addition, June helps clients with asset protection, including domestic asset protection trusts, prenuptial agreements and domestic partnership agreements. June is a frequent speaker on family business, estate and tax planning topics.
- Ater Wynne LLP, Portland, Oregon, Senior Counsel, 2008 to present
- Buckley LeChevallier P.C., Lake Oswego, Oregon, Shareholder, 2006 to 2008; Associate 1998 to 2006
- James C. Cavanaugh & Associates, Associate 1997 to 1998
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College, 1997
- Eastern Washington University, B.A., cum laude, 1994
- Attorneys for Family Held Enterprises
- OSU Austin Family Business Foundation, Business for Breakfast Series, Presenter, 2011
- Family Firm Institute
- Estate Planning Council of Portland, Inc., Annual Estate Planning Seminar Committee, Chair, 2011, 2012
- Oregon State Bar, Estate Planning and Administration Section, Elder Law Section, Taxation Section, Business Law Section
- Washington State Bar, Taxation Section, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Women Entrepreneurs of Oregon, Incorporated, Past Director and Past President
- Westside Business Professionals, Inc., President
- Fred G. Hutchinson Cancer Research Institute, Portland Allied Professional Partnership Steering Committee
- Home Builders Foundation of Metropolitan Portland, Director and Secretary
- Oncology Youth Connection, Director
- "Advance Directives." www.aterwynne.com. April 24, 2009.
- "Involving Children Helps Reduce the Fear in Planning Process," Portland Business Journal, Co-Author, March 2009
- Intersection Between Estate Planning and Asset Protection, Co-Presenter, Wealth Preservation Forum, November 2010
- How to Administer a Trust Appropriately, Presenter, NBI Navigating the Trust Process from Start to Finish, July 2010
- What to do, What to do about Estate Taxes in 2010? , Presenter, Wealth Preservation Forum, November 2009,
- Being Thorough to Close the Estate Without a Hitch, Presenter at IPE Estate Administration Procedures for Oregon Paralegals: Why Each Step is Important, November 2009
- Estate Planning for the Family Business Owner, Presenter, Wealth Preservation Forum, August 2009
- Estate Planning 101: Wills vs. Trusts, Presenter, NALS Portland Chapter, August 2009
- Protect Your Goals: Planning for those who are not Married, Presenter, Wealth Preservation Forum, April, 2009
- How to Determine if Probate is Necessary, Initial Notices and Notices to Creditors, Inventory and Appraisal, Presenter, IPE Probate Forms Workshop for Paralegals, September 2008
- For Richer or for Poorer: Oregon’s New Domestic Partnership Statute, Co-Presenter, OSCPA Estate and Trust Conference , June 2008
- Dealing with Spouse’s Elective Shares, Understanding Laws of Intestacy and Closing the Estate, Presenter, IPE The Probate Process from Start to Finish, August 2007
- Estate Planning Basics for Attorneys, Presenter, NBI July 2007
- The Nuts and Bolts of Estate Planning for Paralegals, IPE, January 2007