Jeff Peterson is an associate in the Litigation Group, where he focuses his practice on director and officer liability, shareholder actions, employment litigation, environmental law and business disputes. Jeff graduated from Stanford Law School with Pro Bono Distinction. During law school, he worked for Santa Clara County’s Office of the County Counsel. Prior to law school, he gained valuable leadership experience as an Infantry Officer in the United States Army. In addition, Jeff has extensive experience working with financial models from his tenure as a financial analyst in Morgan Stanley's Investment Banking Division.
Jeff has worked on complex litigation against former bank directors and officers. Jeff also regularly advises clients on workplace standards and employers' and employees' rights. In addition, he has represented Native American tribes in matters involving environmental, regulatory, tax, and gaming issues.
- Ater Wynne LLP, Portland, Oregon, Associate, 2011
- Ater Wynne LLP, Portland, Oregon, Summer Associate, 2010
- Law Office of Nanette Stringer, Palo Alto, California, Family Law Intern, 2009
- Office of the County Counsel, Santa Clara, California, Intern, 2009
- United States Army, Infantry Officer, 2003 to 2008
- Morgan Stanley, Menlo Park, California, Financial Analyst, 2000 to 2003
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2011; Pro Bono Distinction; John Hart Ely Prize for Outstanding Performance in Family Law; Student Leader, Mediation Pro Bono Project; Mediator, Santa Clara County Small Claims Court; Editor, Stanford Journal of Civil Rights & Civil Liberties, 2009
- University Of California, Berkeley, B.A. with Honors in Economics and History, 2000
- Oregon, U.S District Court for the District of Oregon, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Oregon
- Oregon State Bar, American Bar Association, Multnomah Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, Oregon New Lawyers Division-Member Services Subcommittee
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post #907