Lori Irish Bauman’s practice is focused on commercial litigation, appeals, dispute resolution, contract and business tort claims, and antitrust advising. She has experience as well with intellectual property, administrative law, environmental law, securities law, and Indian law issues.
Lori has briefed and argued appeals in the Oregon Supreme Court, Oregon Court of Appeals, United States Circuit Court for the Ninth Circuit, Idaho Supreme Court, and the California Court of Appeals. She is licensed to practice law in Oregon and California.
Lori serves as primary author and editor of Ater Wynne's Northwest Business Litigation Blog and is listed as a Best Lawyer® in Best Lawyers in America.
- Ater Wynne LLP, Portland, Oregon, Senior Counsel, 2010 to present; Of Counsel, 2005 to 2010; Partner, 1992 to 2005; Associate, 1987 to 1991
- Pillsbury, Madison & Sutro, San Francisco, California, Associate, 1984 to 1987
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1984
- University of Chicago Law Review, Staff Member
- Princeton University, A.B., magna cum laude, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Catholic Charities of Oregon, Board of Directors, 2010 to present
- Multnomah County Library Advisory Board, 2009 to present
- City Club of Portland, Ballot Measure Study Committee, Chair, 2010, 2004
- City Club of Portland, Research Board, 2005 to 2008
- Holy Family School Auction, Co-Chair, 2005
- Holy Family School, School Advisory Council, 2001 to 2004; Chair, 2002 to 2003
- Pfizer, Inc. v Oregon Department of Justice, 254 Or. App. 144 (2012)
- Doe v. Corporation of the Presiding Bishop, 352 Or. 77 (2012)
- Bollinger v. Fall River Rural Electric Cooperative, 272 P. 3d 1263 (Idaho Supreme Court 2012)
- MCI Worldcom Network Services, Inc. v. Goodwin, Oregon Court of Appeals No. A142119 (2011)
- Patton v. Target Corp., 349 Or 230 (2010)
- Sawyer v. Market America, Inc., Oregon Supreme Court No. 5057633 (2010)
- Patton v. Target Corp., 580 F3d 942 (9th Cir 2009)
- TW Telecom of Oregon LLC v. City of Portland, United State Supreme Court No. 09-309, Petition for Writ of Certiorari (2009)
- Vitacost.com, Inc. v. Oregon Freeze Dry, Inc., United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, No. 09-80367 (2009)
- State of Oregon, Oregon Motorcycle Riders Association and Oregon Hunters Association v. Huessy, 218 Or App 229, review denied, 344 Or 539 (2008)
- Cox v. Viacom International Inc., United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, No. 03-35536 (2004)
- Springfield Utility Board v. Emerald People’s Utility District, 171 Or App 536 (2004)
- Asiatic Company (USA), Inc. v. Expeditors International of Washington, Inc., 183 Or App 528 (2002)
- Foothill/DeAnza Community College District v. Northwest Pipe Co., Petition to Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (2002)
- Frequent contributor to and editor of NW Business Litigation Blog
- Oregon's Anti-SLAPP Statute. Oregon Association of Defense Counsel. Spring 2009.
- Class Certification and Interlocutory Review: Rule 23(f) in the Courts. The Journal of Appellate Practice and Process. Vol. 9, No. 1, Spring 2007
- Manufacturer's "suggested retail price" phrase has become obsolete. Business First of Columbus (Ohio). November 2, 2007.
- Attention, Shoppers. Oregon State Bar Bulletin. August/September, 2007.
- MSRP Phrase May Be History. Portland Business Journal. August 24, 2007.
- Split Over Splitting: Impasse Persists on Proposal to Split the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Oregon State Bar Bulletin. April 2004.
- Summary Judgment and Pretrial Matters. Speech before the Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Young Litigators Forum. February 12, 2004.
- U.S. v. Microsoft: What Every Antitrust and IP Lawyer Needs to Know. Speech before the Antitrust Section of the Oregon State Bar. July 24, 2002.