Brenda Meltebeke has a broad securities law practice, including venture capital financings, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, public and private offerings of securities, and state and federal regulation of securities. She chairs the firm’s Emerging Business Group.
Brenda has served as lead transaction counsel representing both privately- and publicly-owned businesses in a variety of industries, including the technology, life sciences, manufacturing, beverage and healthcare industries.
Brenda also has substantial experience in business counseling and general corporate law representing emerging growth companies in a variety of matters, including selecting an appropriate form of entity, forming and dissolving corporations, advising on corporate governance issues, and negotiating and documenting various contractual arrangements such as shareholder, investor rights and voting agreements.
Brenda has been named an Oregon Super Laywer and recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leader in her field in Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions. She was also named a 2012 Orchid Award Winner by the Portland Business Journal. Each year the Portland Business Journal recognizes 25 women as Orchid Award winners for their business and civic contributions.
- Ater Wynne LLP, Portland, Oregon, Partner, 1998 to present; Associate, 1994 to 1997; Firm Chair, 2011 to present; Chair, Emerging Business Group, 2009 to present; Chair, Business Department, 2001 to 2009
- Casner & Edwards, Boston, Massachusetts, Associate, 1989 to 1992
- O'Connor, Broude & Aronson, Waltham, Massachusetts, Associate, 1987 to 1989
- Arthur Andersen & Co., Boston, Massachusetts, Experienced Tax Staff Attorney, 1986 to 1987
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1986
- Portland State University, B.S, with Honors, 1983
- Oregon State Bar, Business Law Section, Secretary, 2004 to 2005, Treasurer, 2006, Executive Committee; Securities Regulation Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Law Practice Management Sections, 1998 to present
- OEN Board Member; Chair of the 2012 Annual Fund Campaign
- Literary Arts, Inc., Board Chair, 2006 to 2008; Vice Chair 2005 to 2006; Board Member, 2002 to 2008
- Friends of the Performing Arts Center, Board Member, 2005 to 2008
- Women’s Investment Network, Member, Steering Committee, 2005 to 2009
- The Link for Women, Member, Advisory Board, 2005 to 2009
- OEN, 2011 Annual Fund Campaign Committee, Member; Startup Services Committee, Member, 2004 to 2010
- Leadership Portland, Class of 2003
- Software Association of Oregon, Board Member, 1997 to 2001, Board Emeritus, 2001 to present